Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Where we stand...



We shared this on Facebook. We are sharing this here, too. This is our statement of opposition to the new administration but, more than that, our statement of commitment to the future we believe in.

We may lose people saying this. We may not. We really don't care.

Founding Vegan Street, John and I wanted to create a hub that would help to create a more compassionate, just and sustainable world. We have been vegans since 1995 and Vegan Street is a natural extension of blending our skills and passions into our activism. We are proud of the work that we've created at VeganStreet.com while knowing that there is always work to be done and progress to be made.

The same things that drew us to veganism - our passion for justice, for creating change, for non-violence - is what compels me to write this post now. As many of you know, we are based in the United States. Chicago, to be exact. Chicago was a flashpoint of the most recent election in our country, used by the new president as a means for invoking fear, paranoia and stoking the hot embers of bigotry, as well as deepening the racial divide, among the voting public. Whether he was successful or not using this tack is debatable but from where we stand on January 30, he is in office.

We have no interest in dividing. We have no interest in further factionalizing the public. We have no interest in demonizing people.

Here is what we know:

We believe in compassion. This is why we’re vegan. This is also why we are taking a public stand against the administration of Donald J. Trump and the agenda he promotes along with that of his cabinet appointments.

We believe in justice. This is why we’re vegan. This is also why we take a stand against misogyny, racism, classism, religious persecution, homophobia and any other form of bigotry.

We believe in non-violence. This is why we’re vegan. This is also why we are in support of people who are coming here fleeing it in their home countries. My grandfather was welcomed into this country by himself at the age of 13. If he hadn’t been, he almost certainly would have been killed in a pogrom and I wouldn’t be posting this from my warm, comfortable office today. The animals people eat are the ultimate refugees without a safe asylum: how could compassionate people like vegans not extend a life preserver to vetted asylum seekers and citizens?

Our dedication to justice and compassion is one that extends to humankind as well. We hear you. We are here for you.

No matter your political persuasion, we will provide recipes, interviews, reviews, tips and more to help you shift away from eating animals and toward a more compassionate, healthful life. Make no mistake, though, we have our own political views and, more than that, convictions about how we want to live in the world.

Vegan Street exists as the tiniest of bulwarks against everything that Donald J. Trump and his administration of millionaires and billionaires represent. There can be no vegan world if we don’t reject the kind of violent, patriarchal worldview that Donald Trump and his cronies are aligned with. We believe that creating a more compassionate world – a fiercely honest, creative, courageous and respectful world – starts with us.

Vegan Street stands in opposition to Donald J. Trump.

Thank you.

6 comments:

Have Gone Vegan said...

No, thank YOU. And please know that America has many Canadian allies who are equally horrified (and afraid of the creeping right-wing populism in our own country), and who want to offer support any way they can. Keep up the good fight!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

URGENT LOVE SPELL TO GET BACK YOUR EX BACK FAST AND EMAIL DR. TRUST OR REACH HIM THROUGH HIS WEBSITE: https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust

My name is Handford Ann,i base in canada.i want to share my wonderful testimony on how i got back my ex-lover of my life back, he left me for another woman for no reason and i try to make things work for both of us yet things where getting worse and i love him so much and there is nothing i could do to get my ex back until i met a testimony share by Maria from USA on the internet talking about a powerful spell caster who brought his ex lover back within 48hours and i decide to give it a try and to my greatest surprise he also did it for me just as he did for Maria and i have a lot of people complaining of fake spell caster but this one i met was a real spell caster who help me to solve my problem i have no solution to,i introduce many of my best friends that have a similar problems,and their problem were solve with the great help of dr.Trust.they get back their ex within 48 hours.i am so happy that my ex is back to me again,and the most surprise,is that our love is very strong,every day is happiness and joy. and there is nothing like been with the man you love.i am so happy my love is back to me with the help of Dr.Trust.if you have similar problem i will advice you to contact him contact email(ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com call +2348156885231) what will i have done if not the great help of dr.trust. Thanks Handford Ann from canada. Via web sit:https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust

Regina sharon said...

MY NAME IS ROLAND KATE REGINA FROM DUBAI, MY MAN OF FOUR YEARS START CHEATING ON ME HE DOESNT CALL ME, HE ALWAYS GOING OUT WITH OTHER GIRLS ANY TIME I CALLED HIM HE BOUNCES MY CALLS. I WAS SO WORRIED BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND WE ALREADY HAVE PLANS FOR MARRIAGE AND I TRIED ALL I CAN TO MAKE SURE THAT HE COME TO HIS NORMAL SENSES BUT NOTHING WORKED OUT. THINGS WHERE GETTING BAD, I WAITED FOR YEARS FOR HIM TO CHANGE AND PROPOSE MARRIAGE BUT HE DID NOT PROPOSE MARRIAGE TO ME, WHEN IT BECAME UNBEARABLE FOR ME I TOLD A FRIEND WHO TOLD ME TO CONTACT DR EMUA. THAT HE CAN HELP ME IN THIS SITUATION, AND I WAS A GIRL WHO DOESNT NOT BELIEVEN SPELL, SO THE LAST TIME I CALLED MY MAN HE PICKED MY CALL, ALL I COULD HEAR FROM HIM IS TO TELL ME THAT HE HAS GOT ANOTHER GIRL AND ITS A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP I WAS SO CONFUSE AND I CALLED MY FRIEND (TRACY) AND TOLD HER WHAT I JUST HAD FROM MY MAN. SHE STILL REMIND ME OF DR EMUA, THAT HE IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN HELP ME SOLVE MY PROBLEM BY BRINGING MY MAN BACK TO ME. SO THERE WAS NO OPTION FOR ME I TOLD HER TO SEND ME HIS EMAIL. THAT WAS HOW I CONTACTED DR EMUA FOR HELP. DR EMUA ONLY TOLD ME THAT MY MAN WILL COME BACK IN FEW DAYS TIME AFTER CASTING THE SPELL HE TOLD ME MY MAN IS COMING TO ME IN-LESS THAN FIVE DAYS TIME . AFTER TWO DAYS THE NEXT MORNING MAKING IT THIRD DAYS MY MAN TRULY CAME BACK TO ME AND BEGED FOR MY FORGIVENESS, AND I ACCEPTED ALL HIS APOLOGIES BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AFTER FIVE WEEKS WE GOT MARRIED, WE ARE NOW LIVING TOGETHER . I THANK DR EMUA FOR ALL HE HAS DONE IN My LIFE GOD WILL CONTINUOUSLY GIVE HIM THE POWER TO KEEP HELPING PEOPLE. YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT HIM FOR HELP VIA HIS EMAILS DREMUAHELPHOME@OUTLOOK.COM OR DREMUAHELPHOME@GMAIL.COM OR CALL HIM +2347063628174, TRY HIM AND SEE WHAT AM SAYING.

Isabella Molly said...

HOW TO GET OVER MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS:LOVE SPELL TO GET BACK YOUR EX BY DR. TRUST WEBSITE:https://ultimatespellcast3.wixsite.com/dr-trust

Hello to you all,i want to use this time to thank Dr. Trust for what he has done for me last week here ,my names are Isabella Molly Wyatt from Australia,i wanna tell you that me and my husband were together for three years without any trouble nor quarrel, we gave birth to a daughter during this three years and we were good until my husband started having affairs with his co-worker and then him started staying away from home all night and days and he was no longer the man i use to know,him later filed for divorce and ask me and my daughter to go out of his life , at this time i was carrying another child inside of me and now i was so frustrated and was in pains i tried telling him what him was doing was not right , but him wouldn't listen to any body,so i went to my mum house with my child and one day as i was browsing i came a cross a story about this Dr.Trust how he help a lady called Kimberly and i was touched with the story because it was almost same as mine, so i decided to contact him for help at first i was so so scared because many other spell casters that i have tried earlier took me for fool and went away with my money,but due to the line of the story i read about him and gave him my last try with faith and i told him all that has happened. He assure me that i will see result within two days and i told him that many others has told me this before, but nothing work out,him made a statement that many are called but few were chosen. which means him is not like others,so i said okay that was how him finally make my man comes back and it was like a surprise to me and today am a happy person. Now the most perfect thing is that he can’t spend a minute without seeing me or calling me. I gave Dr. Trust a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world,that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn’t done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Email him for any kind of help you may need

Email: Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com Or Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com
Website: https://ultimatespellcast3.wixsite.com/dr-trust
Phone number:+2348156885231

Theresa williams said...

Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

1) Love Spells
2) Lost Love Spells
3) Divorce Spells
4) Marriage Spells
5) Binding Spell.
6) Breakup Spells
7) Banish a past Lover
8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
9) want to satisfy your lover
Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
through drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com